I love Chia pudding, especially for breakfast. This Creamy Coconut pudding is one of my absolute favorites. It uses coconut yogurt rather than milk, making it extra thick and pudding like. There are so many variations and flavor combinations out there. And because chia seeds really take on the flavor of what ever you’re adding them to you can get super creative. If you haven’t tried my pitaya chia pudding you definitely should!Jump to Recipe
For breakfast I try and eat a lot of healthy plant based fats. Plant based fats are high in Omega 3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammation and support the immune system. They are also very satiating. As a busy mom of three I often don’t have time to eat a full lunch so getting in extra fat at breakfast has been super helpful in not getting hangry mid afternoon.
Chia seeds are a wonderful source of omega threes, while pecans are high in monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and coconut is high in medium-chain triglycerides. All of which support your metabolism and immune function. Making this breakfast not only super delicious but also really filling and good for you.
This recipe is super open ended too. You can easily switch the fruit and nuts to create unique flavor profiles. While making this one I was thinking that walnuts, mandrin oranges and pineapple would have been really good too. Like a healthy ambrosia salad. If you come up with something new let me know, so I can try it too!
Creamy Coconut Chia Pudding with Pecans and Berries
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt I use the So Delicious brand
- 4 TBSP plant based vanilla creamer I use nut pods because there is no added sugar.
- 3 TBSP Chia seeds I like mine extra thick so I usually add another 1/4 -1/2 TBSP
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP sweetener of choice I use Maple syrup but agave or monk fruit work well too
- 4-5 large Strawberries chopped
- 6-10 Rasberries halved
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1 TBSP Honey (optional)
- Mix together the creamer, yogurt , vanilla extract, maple syrup and chia seeds. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, or until the pudding mix is your desired consistency.
- In a clear glass ( because it looks pretty) layer the chia pudding on the bottom
- Next add a layer of chopped nuts. Followed by a layer of berries
- optional drizzle honey on top of the berries
- continue layering and enjoy!