Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. Biting into a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie is the best! A few years back I perfected my lactation cookie recipe and since then I’ve modified that into my family’s favorite chocolate chip cookies. These cookies check all the boxes, chewy, sweet but not too sweet, and loaded with chocolate. They’re also gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy free!
This recipe makes about two dozen cookies, and they won’t last long. Thankfully this recipe is super healthy so you won’t feel guilty when your kids ask for seconds … or thirds.
A few tips for baking:
Because these cookies are made with coconut flour, you need to bake them at a lower temperature. I bake mine at 325, but depending on your altitude you may need to adjust oven temperatures as well as add in an additional TBSP of coconut oil.
Vegan option: Substitute the eggs for flax eggs. Mix 4TBSP flax meal with 8 TBSP of water. Set it aside to thicken, about 10 minutes.
Gluten Free Option: Use Gluten Free oats and oat flour
No need to buy oat flour. Simply blend 1 cup of oats until finely ground.
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.5 cups Oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Lily's Dark Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees and Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl except the chocolate chips
- In a smaller mixing bowl combine all of the wet ingredients. Make sure your coconut oil is melted but not hot.
- slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, continuously mixing. Mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips
- Bake cookies at 325 for 12-13 minutes.