Living in San Diego means, beach days are a regular thing around here. Even more so this year with everything still be closed for the most part. Sometimes going to the beach with three kids feels like we’re packing half the house. But after a few years of navigating beach days with little ones I’ve narrowed down our must have beach day items.
Besides the obvious towels, sunscreen and bathing suits here is what we pack every time we go to the beach.
- After doing a ton of research we settled on this one. The reason we went with this wagon is its heavy duty and can hold a significant amount of weight, up to 150lbs! This means Emery + all of our beach stuff can be loaded up into the wagon with ease. The second and most important factor for us was the tire size! So many wagons on the market have skinny little wheels. Have you ever tried to pull that through the sand? Not fun! Even with a fully loaded wagon this thing is so easy to pull through deep sand.
2. We keep all of our sand toys in a mesh beach bag, that way all the sand from the toys falls out vs ending up all over my car or house. As for our regular bag that holds our towels, sunscreen etc. I have the No sand beach bag by “Of One Sea.” I bought it because bottom unzips so you can shake out any sand or crumbs. It fits a ton too! 2 Costco size beach towels, 3 kids beach towels, sunscreen, diapers/wipes, a 40 ounce Hydroflask and our Blendjet all fit in it.
3. I store the kids dry cloths in these at the end of the day I put their wet bathing suits in them. That way they aren’t getting their carseats wet and sandy.
4. We bought a rinse kit this summer and its been a game changer! My kids LOVE the sand. Me, not so much, especially when I have to vacuum it out of my car. Now we fill up our rinse kit at home and leave it in the car. At the end of a long beach day we can shower the sand off really easily.
5. I’m a big fan of rash guards for my littles. They always get busy playing and don’t always want to stop for more sunscreen. So having the extra protection from the sun is a must! We get ours from target. Here’s the link to Emery’s.
What are some of your must haves for beach days with kids?