These strawberry oat bars have a delicious buttery crust and a sweet strawberry center. Unlike most breakfast bars these are sugar free, dairy free, and can be made gluten free as well. The oats and whole grains make these bars very filling, while the ripe strawberries give these and delicious candy like sweetness, just without the insulin spiking sugar.Jump to Recipe
I won’t bore you all with a random life story that has nothing to do with the recipe, because lets be totally honest with each other you guys are here for the recipe. So… lets get to it! This recipe is crazy easy to make, you definitely don’t need to be baker or have special cooking skills to nail this one. If you do make this recipe do me a favor, snap a pick and tag me on instagram! I think this recipe would be perfect for a homeschooling afternoon tea time as well as just a quick grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. Personally I enjoy mine with a good cup of coffee, preferably one I didn’t have to make myself.
A Few tips before you get started.
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper and then spray your paper to prevent any sticking. This also makes clean up insanely easy and quick.
- Speaking of easy cleanup, and if you’re a Mama like you probably don’t want any extra dishes than there needs to be, am I right? After you make the dough and have pressed it into your baking dish use the same bowl to toss the strawberries with the monk fruit sugar and cornstarch.
- I haven’t tested it out yet, but get creative with the fruit you use. Blueberries or even peaches would taste amazing in this recipe too I’m sure!
- These bars aren’t super sweet, if you like your breakfast pastries on the sweeter side bump up the monk fruit in the dough to 3/4 cup. Of course you can always use regular cane sugar in this recipe too if that’s what you prefer.
Strawberry Oat Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour or all purpose GF
- 2 cup oat flour or Gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit
- 1/4 cup MonkFruit for the strawberries
- 3/4 cup Whole oats
- 4 tsp cornstarch preferably non GMO
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cold butter I use earth balance to keep it dairy free
- 4 cups Strawberries diced
- Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking pan
- In a large bow mix flours, sugar and baking powder
- Next cut in your cold butter. Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer Mix until the butter is in small pieces, no larger than a pea. Your dough at this point should look pretty crumbly.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and then add it into your dough, mixing until fully combined. You should have a slightly sticky dough now.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the baking dish
- In a bowl toss the diced strawberries with 1/4 cup monk fruit and the cornstarch
- Evenly layer the strawberries over the dough
- Lastly sprinkle the whole oats over the strawberries
- Bake for 35 minutes.